Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Introductions

Hello, I'm the Idea Girl, and I need an outlet.

Sure I've blogged before.  I've had many blogs.  Only one has ever satisfied me, and that was a "secret" anonymous blog where I wrote about my sex life.  I think that blog was successful partly because of the salacious subject matter, but also because I had the freedom that comes with anonymity - the freedom to write about any topic, as well as the freedom to "just write" and not worry so much about what my posts will do to my "public reputation."

This is another attempt to create an anonymous blog where I can "just write."  It is NOT going to be a sex blog, but thanks to anonymity, I can (and will) write about sex if I want to.  Be warned: I WILL NOT be posting nude photos, or writing anything intended to get you off.

There is this meme going around Facebook where you write 25 random things about yourself.  I figured this would be a good way for you to get to know me.

  1. I am in my early 20's.
  2. In December, my dog died.  She was 17 years old, and has been there for most of my life.
  3. Right after my dog died, I broke up with the love of my life.
  4. In January, my grandma, who I was very close to, died.
  5. Right after my grandma died, I broke up with the love of my life, again.  (We had sortof gotten back together before that.)
  6. I found out that I got HPV from the love of my life.  I am now one of 80% of women who contract HPV, and it sucks to suddenly become part of that stigmatized group: people with STDs.
  7. I got back together with the love of my life, and broke up with him again.
  8. Needless to say, the past couple months have been miserable.  This is the reason why I needed this outlet and started this blog.   Now - on to more ordinary things.
  9. I work in a high school with some messed up teenagers, and I like it.
  10. I really, really miss college.  I am applying to grad school, we'll see what happens.
  11. I am very progressive when it comes to sex and sexuality.  Sex is one of my favorite topics and I enjoy talking openly about it.  
  12. I am trying to get in shape (maybe even lose weight) and I'm really trying to work out 5 days a week.
  13. I really like books.  I used to be a big reader, but lately I haven't been.  I have a lot of books.
  14. I had to move back in with my parents this year.  Sigh.  I am excited about moving out soon.
  15. I used to be a cynic when it came to love.  Even though this one seems to have failed, I think I'm a believer now.  And I am terrified that I won't find love like this again.
  16. I tend to get tense and anxious when I'm stressed.  I take it out on my fingernails.
  17. I wish I was a better cook.  
  18. I love puppies.
  19. I love my bed.  
  20. I love watching movies.
  21. I wear glasses and they're sexy.
  22. I just got sideswept "indie" bangs.  It's my first time having bangs since I was 4.
  23. Most of my friends live about 2 hours away.  I miss them, and I wish I could see them more.
  24. I am obsessed with the goodness of Campbell's Old Fashioned Tomato Rice soup.
  25. I really like traveling.  I have been to four continents.  Unfortunately, I haven't explored enough of the US.  I need to focus my next travels on exploring the South and the West.

Phew, I made it to 25.  That was harder than I expected.  Anyway, welcome to my brainstorm.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Idea Girl! I'm sorry you've been having a crappy couple of months - but I look forward to reading whatever you feel comfortable sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete